Sunday, September 9, 2012

Is google making us stupid?

Now I am just going to start off saying I can understand both sides. In a way Google makes us stupid because we use it so much that we don’t understand the basic knowledge of things that we really should know. Like if I had no idea how to boil water (which every 19 year old should know how to do) I could type it up on Google right now in fact I did and this is what I got


Now if you look at it like this… then yea Google is turning us into morons. But then there is the other side of Google. The side that I personally think is just simply amazing.

Google allows us to carry a library of almost infinite knowledge on hour laptops. We are able to look up anything we want! The uses of this are endless.

Google also has also has many things that I believe has changed the world like Google maps. If I want to see what houses in Russia or Italy look like. I can just get on my computer and get a real life picture of a house. You can even look at people and see how they dress if you really want to.

Now I understand that there are the people that use Google like complete idiots, but I believe that the majority of people are using Google like how it is suppose to be used, thus giving people the access to things they never thought possible and they can learn about anything and everything a person could possibly want to learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment