Sunday, October 7, 2012

Audio essay roughdraft


There is one thing in life that I am just truly afraid of, and that would be being a nuisance to anyone. This fear of mine is something I have been living with my whole life, and it gets to the point that I would sacrifice everything, time to sleep, drink, I would even stop eating because I was afraid that something I ate, is what someone else wanted to eat for dinner. I remember giving up weekend after weekend as a kid to watch over my autistic sister just so my mom could enjoy her weekend, because I was to afraid that me going out having fun would get in the way of her plans to go out for a night.

Clearly this affects my social life, even today. I spend many days sitting at my house doing nothing because I do not want ask any of my friends if they want to hang out or anything, because in my mind, they might have to change their plans to include me in them. Something that has been able to help me slightly get over this is the Facebook. Using this I can see what people are doing and depending on what they are doing I can find out if me asking to join them would make them have to give any extra effort, I don’t want people to have to waste the energy or the thought trying to make different plans to include me.

Using Facebook makes me feel more secure on what people are doing and makes me feel less guilty for asking them if they could use one more. This helps me see my friends that come into town over a weekend from their college, or meet up with old people that I use to talk to all the time, and the best part about it, is the fact that I do not feel guilty doing it.

Facebook as given me more opportunities to do the things that I want to, the things that I think about doing but sometimes I just don’t want to get in the way and am to afraid to do. This it effects me everyday and has been changing my life one small step at time.

No comments:

Post a Comment