Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This I believe


The story I felt the most from wasn’t a sad one at all. It was merely I story on how this guy would commute to work every day by hitch hiking and he would never be late. How he once rode his bike across America and at night he would ring a doorbell and ask if he could pitch a tent in their yard for then night. He was never told no.

Now the way I can connect to this is the fact that I may not be one asking for help, but I am always the one willing to give it.  The thing that really got me in his story is how he was so inversely like me, I am a huge on giving help but I always hate asking for it. His view on life is that the universe always wans to help. The thing is you just have to allow it.

He talks about how for every action you make you receive and equal reaction. This is how he lived his life; he believed that his openness, his kindness he gave to the people who helped him is equal to their willingness to help him. He also talks about how people can easily accept help when they are sick or ill, but the problem becomes that for the most part you are not sick or ill, and in these moments people can be afraid or unwilling to accept this help. That this simple act as is seems actually have to take some preparation.

The overall purpose of his essay is he goes in to detail how the best givers are not those who give the best things, or even are willing to give the most things.  The best givers are those are just as good at receiving then giving. This is because in the line up of the universe people are all at the receiving end of one of the greatest gifts of all. The gift that the universe gives to everyone, that simply is the gift of life itself.  If we everyone can come to truly understand this gift, can receive the true gift of life. Then everyone is able to be the best giver.


No comments:

Post a Comment